Farewell Steve (1955-2011)
Steve Jobs died today at the age of 56. As someone who grew up with a Mac Classic and followed Steve and Apple through the ups and downs, he’s always been a personal inspiration. Steve was a visionary and has shaped the world in ways that will reverberate into the future for decades to come. It fills me with a profound sadness to know that someone so unique is gone in the prime of his life. I had the pleasure of watching Steve give a keynote at the Mac Expo in Paris in what seems like many years ago now – I regret never having had the opportunity to shake his hand, and thank him for all that he’s given us.
Thank you Steve. You will be remembered, always.
[Update] Apple has posted the video of their Celebrating Steve event from October 19th.
- Steve Jobs Presents New Apple Campus to Cupertino Council [Updated]
- Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO, Tim Cook Named as Successor
- iPhone 4.0.2/iPad 3.2.2 Update Patches JailbreakMe Vulnerabilities
- WWDC 2011 Reaction: Lion, iOS 5 and iCloud
- Charlie Miller Discovers iOS Code-Signing Bypass Vulnerability